Leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who makes good leaf springs? Truck is a 1991 c 1500 . It has the 3 leaves on it now. Could i put stiffer ones on it? Where is a good place to get them?

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I've been wondering this myself. It seems all 88+ trucks have the same leaf spring length and width aside from the 10+ heavy duty trucks. This includes the 19+ T2 trucks, I verified when they came out.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 4 + 1 leafs in my 88 SCSB with lengthened shackles (home made). I think the springs came out of a "heavy 1/2T" (the PO put them in)? The only thing is my ass end is ~3" higher than the front and it rides like a truck, lol.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just replaced the stock leaf spring on my 98 ECSB with some 2,025lbs springs. I bought them from Michigan Truck Spring for a great price. So far I've had them for a couple months and couldn't be happier! My friend replaced his with the same ones about 2 years ago and he still has no complaints on them. I Bumped up to the 5 pack 2,025lbs spring weight since I knew I would be hauling a little bit heavier things next year. And I didn't want to be sitting low even though 1500lbs springs would have worked. For $119 a pack you can't beat it and I am lucky were I did local pick up.

The springs bolted right up and I got them done and swapped in just 2 days by myself. Probably could do it in a solid day if I rushed. But I took my time fixing and wire brushing and painting stuff.

Now i will note I had to remove the trailer hitch from the truck!! In order to get the hanger bolts out the hitch has to come off to pull the bolts through.

My truck sits up about 2" if not 3" higher then what it was with my tired out original springs. But my original springs were WORN since the original owner of my truck had roughly a 20' pleasure boat always hooked up to the truck year around for 11 some odd years holding that tongue weight. So the suspension was seriously sagged holding that much weight constantly.

https://www.truckspring.com/products/truck-springs/replacement-leaf-spring-22-795.aspx

You must be registered for see images attach

vaquero

Reaction score
I just replaced the stock leaf spring on my 98 ECSB with some 2,025lbs springs. I bought them from Michigan Truck Spring for a great price. So far I've had them for a couple months and couldn't be happier! My friend replaced his with the same ones about 2 years ago and he still has no complaints on them. I Bumped up to the 5 pack 2,025lbs spring weight since I knew I would be hauling a little bit heavier things next year. And I didn't want to be sitting low even though 1500lbs springs would have worked. For $119 a pack you can't beat it and I am lucky were I did local pick up.

The springs bolted right up and I got them done and swapped in just 2 days by myself. Probably could do it in a solid day if I rushed. But I took my time fixing and wire brushing and painting stuff.

Now i will note I had to remove the trailer hitch from the truck!! In order to get the hanger bolts out the hitch has to come off to pull the bolts through.

My truck sits up about 2" if not 3" higher then what it was with my tired out original springs. But my original springs were WORN since the original owner of my truck had roughly a 20' pleasure boat always hooked up to the truck year around for 11 some odd years holding that tongue weight. So the suspension was seriously sagged holding that much weight constantly.

https://www.truckspring.com/products/truck-springs/replacement-leaf-spring-22-795.aspx

I know this is an old thread but did your truck ride/handle better afterwards? I think my leaf springs are pretty worn/sagging and I notice that my truck has a lot of side to side movement when I don't have a load in the bed. Just wondering if that might be related.

Dannyw

Reaction score
Who makes good leaf springs? Truck is a 1991 c 1500 . It has the 3 leaves on it now. Could i put stiffer ones on it? Where is a good place to get them?
Dorman, o purchased a set for my 97 K1500, reg cab short bed and I'm very pleased with them.