Leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like the regular 4 leafpack 1500 leaf springs...I don't seen anything missing. Bushings look normal too.

What does the bottom of the u-bolts/nuts look like? Agree with @RichLo 3-5" slop is HUGE. If the truck "seemed" to drive okay, I personally would have asked the shop to show me where the heck there was 3-5" of slop!

What did the shop say was loose? I'm sorry if my memory is fussy, but were you the one that had the issues with the shop damaging the front end components? Is this the same shop that's telling you this? Perhaps you need to find another shop?

Last edited:

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like the regular 4 leafpack 1500 leaf springs...I don't seen anything missing. Bushings look normal too.

What does the bottom of the u-bolts/nuts look like? Agree with @RichLo 3-5" slop is HUGE. If the truck "seemed" to drive okay, I personally would of have asked the shop to show me where the heck there was 3-5" of slop!

What did the shop say was loose? I'm sorry if my memory is fussy, but were you the one that had the issues with the shop damaging the front end components? Is this the same shop that's telling you this? Perhaps you need to find another shop?
Uhh, I definitely had a lot of front end stuff done and they definitely over charged me, but it was mainly no one could figure out why i had crazy camber on the driver side and it just ended up being the punch outs. When i had all that stuff done they mentioned this issue but said "we don't wanna kill your wallet, come back in a month or 2"

The shop couldve been exaggerating by telling me there was 3-5" of play, I wont really know until i have it up on a lift again.

I thought maybe a leaf was missing because these clamps look like 1 more leaf could fit lol

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 15

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can always use junkyard GMT800/900 leaves as well.
Yes, GMT800/900 also bolt to the GMT400 is what I understand.

The GMT800/GMT900 1500 (and K2XX look the same as well) are only 3 leaf pack. I think they are too soft if you are working your truck, at least for me.

The GMT800 2500HD are 5 leafpack and everything seems to indicate they bolt into the 1500s from the same generation. I got some HD leafs and will change those out when I swap axles on my GMT800 1500. I guess I could of used GMT400 4 or 5 leafpacks, but I didn't realize they would fit the NBS trucks.

Last edited:

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

What does the bottom of the u-bolts/nuts look like? Agree with @RichLo 3-5" slop is HUGE. If the truck "seemed" to drive okay, I personally would have asked the shop to show me where the heck there was 3-5" of slop!

Attachments

• A0953BC1-4CE8-4757-90E2-CB42BE685560.jpeg
    A0953BC1-4CE8-4757-90E2-CB42BE685560.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 20

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'd just need longer shackles right?
Longer shackles = lower.

From what I can see in this pic's angle, the leaf spring eye bushings aren't all in that great of shape.

You must be registered for see images attach

Rubber is softer than polyurethane so it's better at lessening road noise and vibrations.
Rubber bushings make for a smoother ride.
They're also a lot more prone to damage from oil, UV, road chemicals and heat.
Poly will upgrade the suspension's stability and have an increased lifespan but they won't do you any favors when it comes to vibration absorption.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You only have 3 on yours? Towing that heavy beast? That blows!

I'm positive my Dad's 88 and Brother's '90 C1500s have 4! Maybe the previous owner of yours thought he would never put anything heavy in the bed and swapped them out?