L31 Extreme Budget Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On another note, I might hit you up for some help with a good starting tune when we get ready to fire up my son’s truck in a couple of months. I just got the EBL Flash for it last week and it’s been about ten years since I’ve messed with it.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On another note, I might hit you up for some help with a good starting tune when we get ready to fire up my son’s truck in a couple of months. I just got the EBL Flash for it last week and it’s been about ten years since I’ve messed with it.
No problem, here to help if I can.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s exactly how I remember them heavy, thick and shiny. I thought the nickel looked so cool when it started turn blue.
The only problem I have with them is that they were the first headers that I bought, been comparing everything else to them since. :cool:
That first pair is why when I discovered they made them for the Express chassis with a SBC Vortec, I bought a set for it too. Best way I can describe how they work is they make the vehicle feel 1,000 lbs lighter. Just more grunt everywhere. People wanted to buy cheaper, inferior 4-1 headers so I get why Doug Thorley discontinued most of them for SBC chassis vehicles. They even had EO numbers for California smog back in the day too.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think doug thorley got divorced and his wife owns the company now. i believe he started a spin off called "Doug's Headers". i have tri-y's on my caprice, made by a guy in Washington state I love them.
That is what I have heard as well.

Those LT1 B/D-car tri-ys are also nice if you are talking about the Clear Image ones.