L31 Extreme Budget Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds like your Summit has more stuff than mine in the bargain cave. I did see a GM tbi Vortec manifold for $250 the other day.
One at mine too today. Along with several Projection TBI throttle body units and a couple of BBK Vortec 80mm throttle bodies for the L31.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was there picking up a part tuesday, i had my toddler there for the first time, he thought all the superchargers were big “pow pows”

I dont know if its to late or dont need then but i still have my stock manifold heat shields i just took off. You can have them if you want them

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was there picking up a part tuesday, i had my toddler there for the first time, he thought all the superchargers were big “pow pows”

I dont know if its to late or dont need then but i still have my stock manifold heat shields i just took off. You can have them if you want them
That is too funny.

I actually have not found a set of those shields yet. I would appreciate them.

I am curious though if you notice this same thing about Summit in Arlington. Did you happen to do your order online at the retail store or pickup something from their floor displays? Trying to decide if it is just me. I love Summit, that being said their online process needs help. I put an online order and even when they are somewhat slow in terms of customers it still takes close to 1 hour to get the parts you already have an order for. They do not even put you in the que for the parts to be pulled until you go through the cashier line.

When I managed an Oreilly store, we would order or pick our online orders, scan the products and our customers were then sent an automated message that their parts were ready for pickup. Customer then only had to come in to the store, show us their ID, then we processed the order and handed them their parts. Usually have them in and out in under 2 minutes.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is too funny.

I am curious though if you notice this same thing about Summit in Arlington. Did you happen to do your order online at the retail store or pickup something from their floor displays? Trying to decide if it is just me. I love Summit, that being said their online process needs help. I put an online order and even when they are somewhat slow in terms of customers it still takes close to 1 hour to get the parts you already have an order for. They do not even put you in the que for the parts to be pulled until you go through the cashier line.

When I managed an Oreilly store, we would order or pick our online orders, scan the products and our customers were then sent an automated message that their parts were ready for pickup. Customer then only had to come in to the store, show us their ID, then we processed the order and handed them their parts. Usually have them in and out in under 2 minutes.
The Sparks store is the same way. It’s my biggest complaint about the place. The line to order parts is usually long and slow. The cashier line is usually pretty fast. Then comes the wait for your parts, sometimes a couple of minutes, sometimes a whole bunch of them.

I have started going straight to the cashier with the part numbers I want and skipping the first line. If they had things ready from an online order I would do that. But like you said, they don’t start until you get there.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is too funny.

Yeah, i have the same issues when i order. Not having the item pulled until you get to the store is the real issue. I always just go straight to rhe cashier first then look around. What i really dont like is if i see something else i want i have to debate if i want to start the process all over again with waiting to have a part pulled