L31 Extreme Budget Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmmm the other van looks familiar.... i am curious how those holley manifolds will be. i put dorman ones on the motor in my squarebody..i think they are definitely holding it back some even with the 2.5 duals

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This 350 just got a little less "budget" lol. Dang Summit bargain cave struck again. I could not pass up a full sequential, self learning wideband closed loop port fuel system with a new distributor for $1200.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no kidding!

@L31MaxExpress did you get the mill swapped in yet and running or has it been delayed because of the new intake?
Slight delay. I was starting to work on the harness, rebuilding it from the C100 plug out. Had to pick up a few other odds and ends at Summit this morning. Then I ventured into the bargain cave and walked out with this EFI system.

I cleaned the engine compartment the other day. Changed the motor mount inserts. About to hydroboost swap it as well.

A few weeks and I will have it running and driving. Have to go through the brakes and suspension still too. Going to reseal the TH400 and rear end while I am there as well. I am going to get the ac up and going on it as well before it logs many miles. Already getting warm here in Texas.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the Summit bargain cave. I’m lucky enough to have a Summit retail store about a mile from my office. Sometimes I go down there at lunch just to see what is new.
Last time I was there I found an aluminum TH400 pan for $60 and a few other SBC goodies.

They had 4 different single assembled Edelbrock heads for $460 each today. Almost snagged an Etec 200 just to have although they had a 170, a newer 210 E-Street and a Performer head on the shelf as well. They had a really nice pair of AFR CNC LT1 heads as well for like $1500. My Express vans muffler and tailpipe came from there as well as the GMT400 454 JBA long tubes I have for my 8.1L Tahoe. They had a Summit direct fit cat setup for the 1-ton GMT400s there today too with the big 2.75" head pipes.