Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You would think that you'd know that an 8.1L Vortec isn't a LS motor then. ;)
Not sure what this means?

The L29 Heads for the 454 are a oval port with more CC's than the peanut head and about right for a tow engine.

When the 8.1 engine was released they used a port shape like an the cathedral port LS engine. The valve train was recessed and the 8.1 intake matched the heads.
Although I am not sure of the CC in the intake they are larger and Dart and Rylar has copied this head and the port volume is more for a marine application..they massive over 300 cc and that will never work for a torque engine. Remember we pull at between idle and 3000 rpm normally.

I am not sure what you are really talking about....the 8.1 engineers must have thought the LS architecture was appropriate for the 8.1 and basically copied the theory and shape of the LS small block 5.3- 6.0 engine

SO YEA I KNOW !

Franksmith

Reaction score
Here's a suggestion on injectors, if you're going to tune yourself then swapping injectors is fairly easy. Try what you have, and see what the DC goes to while tuning. Also throw a wideband on your list for tuning.

Is there a wideband you suggest?
I am leaning towards EFILive
Probably getting the 411 kit from @Lextech