Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So are you looking at the "stock" replacement ones?

Just as an aside, if you're that far into a motor upgrade to newer injectors. If you don't want to get a tune there are bosch injectors that are "drop in". If you want a tune (highly recommend this) going with injectors from an ls6, or something similar. Stock size injectors are barely adequate for stock power.

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe someone can correct me, but I believe the 96-00 Vortec 7.4 is the L29 engine? So I believe the answer is yes.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I am preparing for the worst if I pull my heads to fit a coolant usage issue and one of them is cracked.

Are you sure it's not the intake gasket? The 454 will often leak coolant where the intake manifold, block and heads all meet.

Franksmith

Reaction score
So are you looking at the "stock" replacement ones?

Just as an aside, if you're that far into a motor upgrade to newer injectors. If you don't want to get a tune there are bosch injectors that are "drop in". If you want a tune (highly recommend this) going with injectors from an ls6, or something similar. Stock size injectors are barely adequate for stock power.

I did upgrade the injectors to ebay "upgrade" yellow top injectors. Are you saying I should put bigger ones in if I eventually do a cam upgrade?

Are you sure it's not the intake gasket? The 454 will often leak coolant where the intake manifold, block and heads all meet.

I did replace the lower intake gaskets and there was no change in coolant loss. I did buy a kit to check for exhaust gases in the coolant. The exhaust gases only show up when it is at full operating temp.

Maybe someone can correct me, but I believe the 96-00 Vortec 7.4 is the L29 engine? So I believe the answer is yes.

Its says they fit but was looking for someone who actually tried them. Hate to have that heavy of a paper weights sitting around if they dont fit properly.

If they are, I would probably read a bunch of review first.

I havent found a review yet. I am not sure if they are Chinese or not.

We need a big block section and maybe split into carb, TBI and Vortech sup-sections

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
If you pull the heads get them checked out and rebuilt at a local engine machine shop.