Just amazing what some Wet Sanding can do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something that I forgot about. I love this Forum so much! So much knowledge that I've learned on this forum and I'm so glad to have people like you here!

It's such a huge ******* difference from some other communities. The Q60 community isn't bad, but most are lumped in with the Q50 crowd which is the new 350z. Absolute morons looking to start a fight any chance they get. As long as you don't tell @Schurkey you don't need a diagnostic tool things are very chill here, I love it.

Dual-Action. The head of the sander doesn't just spin, the pivot point itself randomly orbits around the drive. It's an effective way to keep from getting swirls and hot spots.

I have one from Griots Garage that is fantastic, even includes spare motor brushes.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn’t go out and buy a DA just to refurbish my headlights. You can do it by hand, just takes longer.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can be had elsewhere cheaper and there are other brands available for significantly less such as Astro. Can also get the arbor and hook and loop pads and an air powered mini angle die grinder can be pretty effective with the air regulated down. The arbor and pad in a drill motor is a bit of a handful.

I have a few Milwaukee tools. They're all from the Fuel line. I have a M12 3/8in ratchet, a M18 Hammer Drill, a M18 Impact Driver, and a M18 Mid Torque Impact Wrench and they're all amazing. I was initially going to buy an attachment for my angle grinder, but this might work better.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's such a huge ******* difference from some other communities. The Q60 community isn't bad, but most are lumped in with the Q50 crowd which is the new 350z. Absolute morons looking to start a fight any chance they get. As long as you don't tell @Schurkey you don't need a diagnostic tool things are very chill here, I love it.

Absolutely! I'm amazed how remarkably civil this forum is. I've used/viewed other platforms and this is by far the best one in my experience. Reddit has a SUPER negative energy to it, Quora is better, but also a bit pretentious, and AR15.com has SOME good people, but a LOT of stuck up self riotous pricks too. I don't have much experience with 4chan though.

I've used this forum to help me out with a personal issue that I since got deleted, but everyone was very helpful and offered many kind and wise words of encouragement.

There are a couple people that I believe shouldn't be here. We probably know who they are...

I think there's a couple reasons why this forum is so good.

1. Very solid ground rules. This isn't a completely lawless wasteland like most forums. You'll be treated like an adult as long as you carry yourself that way. If you show that you're a f***up (which is pretty easy to see) you get the axe.

2. The love for the hobby. As we know, this hobby is NOT cheap. We've all spent far more money than is economically sensible to anyone who knows money and knows how cars depreciate well enough. We're not in it for the money, we're in it for the passion. We also know that because this hobby costs so much money and is also a very physical hobby, we can't just lay around as a bunch of jobless bums for very long. These trucks/suvs are still used daily for fun, commuting, and work.

3. The stereotype (or should I say AGAINST the stereotype). Many people have very negative opinions of Pickup Truck/large SUV owners. Many people think that we're a bunch of either rich ditzy bad drivers or a bunch of poor but cocky a**holes who are complete d**** on the road. IIRC I saw an article around 2016 or 2017 that showed the GMT400 pickups are the 4th or 5th most common vehicle in road rage incidents here in the states. Part of me is ashamed to love pickup trucks and own one because of this stereotype. This is why I try to go out of my way to be an overly nice/cautious driver (which makes a LOT of people mad) and I try to be super nice and cordial with my shop whenever I bring my truck to have work done on it. I feel like most people are like me here and we're passionate without being a bunch of a**holes with little man/little woman syndrome. Even when you post unpopular opinions, most people can at least understand where you're coming from here. I can't even get that to happen in real life most of the time.

azhobo

Reaction score
Yeah, we're all great people, no doubt. Back to the thread for a minute....
Something cool I learned a couple years ago, that has worked very well for me, my sons, and several friends. Try using a mosquito repellant from Walmart called Repel. I have no clue WHY it takes the sun damage off my OEM headlight/taillight lenses, but it does, and it works with almost no effort, in no time. Spray it liberally on a soft cloth, wipe vigorously until dry, repeat. I do coat the clean, shiny lens with a UV resistant overspray. Regards to all hands. Outta here.
Bob

Last edited: