Wet plugs on passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougN2deep

Reaction score
I TOTALLY missed that. Thanks.

Good start. Keep going.

Thorough "tune-up", maybe another couple of degrees of initial spark advance, smaller-diameter tires or deeper gears.

Only if the cat is defective--plugging/restrictive.

Verify that your truck is suited to carrying a camper. GVWR, etc.

The distributor in your photo looks terrible. Get rid of all the loose rust, verify that the magnet isn't cracked.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

You might as well remove the distributor to do this--looks like someone installed it a tooth or two off from where it should be. And of course the wires are numbered wrong as Road Trip mentioned already.

Thanks for the input!

Unfortunately I put the new cap on. I did sand and wire brush as much rust off as I could. She cleaned up pretty good but obviously not internally.

As for the GVWR I'm prob 500lbs over. This truck came with rear air bags and a dash controller. I forgot to mention I bought some new front shocks and a Rough Country Steering Stabilizer to help with the ride. The previous owner used to drive 300-400 miles a month to race and stay in the camper. Said it's worked out well. I'll likely use it locally as I'm near the mtns.

This leads me to another question if I wanted to do a 2"-3" lift would I be ok? Seems I've seen other guys with 6" lifts here. I may strip out the excess weight from the camper as I wouldn't use the stove or water tank.

DougN2deep

Reaction score
Bigass non-aerodynamic and heavy camper on the back of an illegally-overloaded pickup, and you want to RAISE THE CENTER OF GRAVITY?
I live about 10 miles from the mtns and I said I was gonna strip the weight.

I'd be using the truck camper maybe 10 days out of the year.

I'd be offroad with the motorcycle and gathering wood likely 4 months out of the year. Some added clearance would be nice.

cj8scrambld

Reaction score
......and some bigger front brakes/rotors (still need to install).
.......... and some bigger front brakes/rotors (still need to install).
Nothing more to add as you seem to have the appropriate guidance on the plugs.

But, do post up what you've got planned for the bigger brakes....keeping 16" wheels?