Is this stuff ok to use on ICM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a type of thermal paste used for computers.
It might work, It should work, but I dont know if you want to be the first guy to try it on an underhood automotive application.
Autozone sells heat sink compound but you have to tell them the part number because they dont know that they sell it.
It is Duralast part number SL203
Comes with two packets of heat sink compound.
Only use one, keep the other with the spare ICM in your glove box.
Its about 5 bucks or so

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have often wandered the same if the heat sink paste for computers that thermal grizly and artic silver that claim to have silver in them would work better then the white paste we normally use
The arctic he showed is non-conductive.
I do not know if factory gm is conductive but I suspect it isnt.
My only experiance with the silver based compound is using as a conductive anti-corrosive compound to fix LCD display problems on Fluke multi meters.
Which buy the way is fairly common problem with Flukes and about a 5 minute fix.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The arctic he showed is non-conductive.
I do not know if factory gm is conductive but I suspect it isnt.
My only experiance with the silver based compound is using as a conductive anti-corrosive compound to fix LCD display problems on Fluke multi meters.
Which buy the way is fairly common problem with Flukes and about a 5 minute fix.
Yeah IDK, just heard of guy's using it on street rods... But IDK