Is this stuff ok to use on ICM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah IDK, just heard of guy's using it on street rods... But IDK
Im sure it would handle the heat transfer.
I dont know if it would continue to do that in the highly corrosive hostile environment that exists under your distributor cap.
Maybe it doo and maybe it dont.
But I do know that automotive heat sink does work.
You should always be very leery about anything any "hot rod" guy has to say about anything.
Those guys only drive those cars when its not going to rain and they put maybe a thousand miles a year on them.
They are not driving those car show trophys through the mud and snow and rain and salt.
And those guys can be the worst crying whining little babies you will ever meet.
So, it might work.
But, for 5 bucks to buy the right compound?
There is no reason for you to be the guy who finds out.
Let somebody else be that guinee pig.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
what is the auto stuff any way ceramic paste or some thing never new what it is just that it is white and hear it called heat sink paste or compound or grease

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As others have mentioned, as long as it's a non-conductive compound I can't see any reason it wouldn't work just fine.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see ignition modules as being particularly picky about which heat-sink compound is used...as long as SOMETHING is used, and it isn't wheel-bearing grease.

There was a time when plain ol' silicone dielectric grease was suggested. I think we can do better now, but in a pinch...

My only experiance with the silver based compound is using as a conductive anti-corrosive compound to fix LCD display problems on Fluke multi meters.
Which buy the way is fairly common problem with Flukes and about a 5 minute fix.
Details, please. My Fluke 88 comes apart about twice a year to fix dim or non-functioning LCD segments. I've been rubbing the contacts with a plain ol' pencil eraser to clean them. It works for awhile.

You must be registered for see images attach

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used Arctic silver. Works fine. Can't monitor temps like my computer but it works fine there also.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking back when I converted my 93 Camaro back to a 93 GM ICM (undoing more PO f00k3ry) it came with a compound.