Is Synthetic Brake Fluid a Marketing Gimmick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll just leave it at that.
When , where, what, why. and who matters. Most align with their agenda. Demographics and the matter in which the poll takes place matters. If you got polled outside of a convention you support. What do you think 90% of the answers will be at that time given the demographics ? It's the truth of what people said. but it's definitely not an accurate representation of what the gen pop thinks.

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When , where, what, why. and who matters. Most align with their agenda. Demographics and the matter in which the poll takes place matters. If you got polled outside of a convention you support. What do you think 90% of the answers will be at that time given the demographics ? It's definitely not an accurate representation of what the gen pop thinks.
A poll CAN be generalizeable within a certain degree of accuracy IF it's designed to be. Where most mistakes (or deliberate errors) are made is in the design. Ask the wrong questions of the wrong people and your data tells you nothing useful, much less generalizeable.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 94 is still regular DOT 3 brake fluid. When I bought this truck new, my PM "preventative maintenance consisted of every 3 years I would get out the mityvac and pull the fluid thru until I got clear fluid at each wheel. This was to flush out the system periodically. The only things in the brake hydraulic system I had to change out due to failure in all these years was one rear wheel cylinder in 29 years. Yes I changed the master out thinking it was bad when it turned out the RWAL piston jammed up and left me with a soft pedal due to a serious panic stop, so I ditched the RWAL and reconnected the lines. Plus I swapped out the rubber lines for braded steel as an upgrade. I think the big thing is flushing the old fluid out periodically to keep it clean and water free.