Brake Fluid Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cheapest crap WalMart has is better than what's in there now.

lol.....

After replacing the front brakes on my 96 last week, the brake lines and reservoir are plumb full of SuperTech DOT 3.

Nobody has been able to show me that the Walmart SuperTech fluids are inferior to other name brand lubes.

It's been 5-6 years ago, but a couple informal but well done tests by individuals of SuperTech 5-30 oil was a close second to Mobil 1 and better than the other 5-6 popular brands tested.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to the discussion here. Every time I post a thread asking for info about something, no matter how broad or narrow the topic, inevitably a few people will make some amazing posts and point me in the right direction to learn something new. This forum is awesome.

I'm really excited about the new brakes on my red truck. Everything except the hard lines and the master cylinder is going to be new and fancy, including the fluid now thanks to you all.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You mean the stuff that boils? Sorry, I couldn't help that :anitoof:

Only when you put a DOT 3 fluid in a vehicle that clearly calls for DOT 4! :lol:

Seriously though I do wonder if there's something to that, or if there was something else weird going on in Supercharged111's situation. The Wilwood 570 has some great reviews on a couple of different sites, including people who say they track their vehicles pretty hard.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I flush a quart through everything in the driveway once a year. I buy the cheapest stuff on the shelf @ Summit. This week it's a DOT 4. I never get my brakes hot enough to need anything better.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wilwood 570 has some great reviews on a couple of different sites, including people who say they track their vehicles pretty hard.
I doubt you'll have any issues with it unless you start drifting your truck on the highways, or pulling off power stands at stop lights.:lol:

Of course that may happen once you swap the LQ4 (you promised you'd ship to me) in your red truck :burnout: :driver:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I doubt you'll have any issues with it unless you start drifting your truck on the highways, or pulling off power stands at stop lights.

I cracked a drum doing a burnout in this truck once. V6 and all. I was quite a bit younger and dumber.

Of course that may happen once you swap the LQ4 (you promised you'd ship to me) in your red truck :burnout:

I said what? :lol:

As much as I hated to do it I actually offered that engine to my dad today. The LQ4 in his '06 3500 is making some terrible clacking noise that changes with RPM, intermittently and seemingly only when it's hot. He's getting it checked out next Thursday. Luckily if it is something bad he seems more interested in a new crate engine, which I will gladly help him pick out.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To follow up on this, I just got the truck back from the shop. My mechanic used a little over half of what I bought, so a little over half a gallon to get clear fresh fluid on all four corners including bleeding the ABS module with my Tech 2.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To follow up on this, I just got the truck back from the shop. My mechanic used a little over half of what I bought, so a little over half a gallon to get clear fresh fluid on all four corners including bleeding the ABS module with my Tech 2.
OK - tell it like it is. How good is the pedal feel after being bled properly?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333