IRS in a gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a Katsu die-grinder a little while back for circa $30 from one of the Chinese vendors. Haven't done a whole lot of work with it so cannot comment on ultimate durability but so far so good.
Not as sophisticated as Erik's - single speed, no handle, 6mm chuck - but it did come with a variety of burr cutters and abrasive wheels.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the section of frame cut out and worked on getting everything mocked up today. So far everything is going smoothly but we will see how long that last…
Just wondering whether you guys have to get any chassis modifications certified when finished, down here we only have to think about changing something and we have at least 10 hoops to jump through before we start?

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering whether you guys have to get any chassis modifications certified when finished, down here we only have to think about changing something and we have at least 10 hoops to jump through before we start?

These trucks are old enough in my state that all they really do is make sure all the lights work and go for a short test drive. They don't get put on a lift or anything like that.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
These trucks are old enough in my state that all they really do is make sure all the lights work and go for a short test drive. They don't get put on a lift or anything like that.
Yeah anything 25 years old or older, only has a safety inspection. I think on my crew cab, they barely looked at it (since I had it done at the shop after they fixed the brakes). Although I have seen other shops not be too picky with the "more thorough" inspection which includes the emissions testing. As long as it passes the smog check, or if it doesn't, the machine gives a definite answer on what the issue is, they're happy.....