Intake Manifold - TV Cable bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randomguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I screwed up my intake gasket install. Is the TV cable bracket mounted directly to the intake using the intake bolts at the rear? I had them as studs when I took them out, forgot to take a pic but I couldn’t find nuts for these two studs and realized the bracket doesn’t really fit on them.

If it’s is supposed to be against the intake... will it hurt pulling two bolts to mount it or am I out of luck and needing to do the intake gaskets again?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I have done the same thing over the years, pulling ONE bolt at a time while the engine is cool should not hurt any thing. I have an after market intake on my '90 so I can't tell what the factory setup looks like. If someone here does not chime in I will look at the '92 when it gets back this afternoon.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the TV cable bracket mounted directly to the intake using the intake bolts at the rear?
Yes the bracket is held in place using the 2 back IM bolts. Originally they were extended bolts which tighten down the manifold then nuts were used to hold down the throttle/cruise control/TV cable bracket. As @evilunclegrimace said, just remove one at a time and you should be good.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Only the very rear most bolt is a stud/bolt combo. It is 3/8" by 3/8". The brackets second bolt goes into a boss on the manifold it self