Inside Door Latch '95 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My truck had both interior handles broken off when I bought the truck. Very common defect on these trucks. Easy to fix, there are several YouTube videos out there showing how to replace them. I did mine about 3 years ago and haven't had a problem since, but I am also gentle on pulling on the handles now knowing about the defects.

LOL I came to the same conclusion on being easy on the handle.

Stopped by a dealer today-- $91 plus tax for a new one.

joe

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

joe

That sounds about right. I replaced mine in my red truck with an OEM GM handle and it was around $90 on Amazon. Works great. I'm sure some of the aftermarket handles are fine, but my original lasted 20+ years so I didn't mind paying a little more for another one.

Last edited:

homesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds about right. I replaced mine in my red truck with an OEM GM handle and it was around $90 on Amazon. Works great. I'm sure some of the aftermarket handles are fine, but my original lasted 20+ years so I didn't mind paying a little more for another one.

I prefer using factory parts when possible, for my truck and for my bike.

10-12 years ago a man ran a light and hit my '01 Tahoe. I discussed the repairs with the dealer's repair manager. She told me which of the aftermarket parts that the insurance would pay for were parts she thought inferior.

I had her install factory versions of those particular parts, and I paid the difference in cost, myself.

joe

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score

joe
I hope caught you in time. When I replaced all my handles, I was finding NOS ones on eBay for $55 or less shipped to me.

EDIT: Did a quick search on eBay and found this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENERAL-MO...767886?hash=item4da838ab0e:g:xiIAAOSwl0xeXv0n . Not my listing, but definitely worth the cost savings. If you needed a different color interior door handle, let me know and I'll definitely find you a price better than $91 + tax.

Last edited:

homesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope caught you in time. When I replaced all my handles, I was finding NOS ones on eBay for $55 or less shipped to me.

EDIT: Did a quick search on eBay and found this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENERAL-MO...767886?hash=item4da838ab0e:g:xiIAAOSwl0xeXv0n . Not my listing, but definitely worth the cost savings. If you needed a different color interior door handle, let me know and I'll definitely find you a price better than $91 + tax.

Well hell, I'm not used to thinking of eBay for new factory parts. Thanks for waking me up.

joe

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I scored some NOS GM driver's side mirror glass for both of my '97s the same way on eBay recently. Still in the GM packaging. Got one for $35 and one for $17, they're over $100 each from a dealer.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Well hell, I'm not used to thinking of eBay for new factory parts. Thanks for waking me up.

joe
Haha no problem. eBay is the way to go for NOS parts. I recently got my OEM ACDelco distributor wires (718Q not 9718Q) for $36. Just gotta know what to search and most of the time you'll beat dealer pricing

homesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I scored some NOS GM driver's side mirror glass for both of my '97s the same way on eBay recently. Still in the GM packaging. Got one for $35 and one for $17, they're over $100 each from a dealer.

Go ahead, rub it in.

joe

homesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go ahead, rub it in.

joe