How to remove kick panels ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAF2003

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't figure out how to remove the kick panels on the both driver/passenger sides. I have a 1996 Yukon.

I want to replace the weather strip and would like to the panel out of the way.

Thx,
Andy

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Pull them straight toward the middle of the truck, they're clipped in place by either one or two clips. In my personal experience, they don't break often like some interior bits do, they seem to be pretty flexible.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If you can get the front screw on the door sill plate loose(don't have to take it all the way out) that helps too. But those screws are notorious for getting grungy and the Phillips head getting clogged with mud,dirt etc. Get the head clean(the + where the screwdriver goes) and put the driver point in the + good and square. Then give the handle on the driver a good smack before trying to turn it. This'll help break it loose.

TAF2003

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After removing the A-pillar and the kick panel, how does this section come out???

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
After removing the A-pillar and the kick panel, how does this section come out???

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have an A pillar gauge pod installed as well? You should be able to slide that whole thing right out.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That middle piece there is separate from the A pillar trim, and is clipped into the side sheet metal. There's no removing it without pulling the dash first.

Unfortunately my truck is in the driveway, way too far of a walk, but I could swear that middle bit just slides right out and up with the rest of the a pillar trim?