How to find Overhead console holes in an Ext cab pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i finished it up, i think it looks awesome!

sorry pics are from my phone
You must be registered for see images attach

wires aint soldered and all perfect but they are spliced in, had to use some wire from all the electronics that came with my esly console to connect from the pigtail to the place i spliced in.

all the wires are electrical tape covered i connected the ground to the screw that grounds out the dome lights

had to add a couple screws bc the middle sagged a bit (even tho it was in the metal slots)

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Looks great! In high school we all just cut off all the tabs and shot screw through it...nothing wrong with that.

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks good! i need that delete panel because i got my console out of a yukon and it had the ac controls. but i made a tab to mount my xm radio receiver. even wired up the lights to led bulbs. BIG upgrade, im happy

Steve83

Reaction score
Then you should just put the hooks into the holes, lift the console hard to compress the headliner, slide the console back to align the front screw hole, and put the screw in.

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
I've been scavenging the u pull it here for a ohc. Any precise measurements on where to cut the headliner??

Last edited:

Aaron Poston

Reaction score
Would a gmt800 console also work? I found one with the home link at a junkyard for 10 bucks and couldn't resist