How much was my truck lowered?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Ya got me! I have no idea.
When I ordered the tires & wheels, I told the guy what I had, what I had done to it & what I wanted. He handled the rest.
Steve @ SDWheels. Also goes by Steve's Discount Wheels.
Great price. Even better service. Steve, the owner, handled the prob of when the stuff was delivered, there was only 3. Huh?
Stuck in Customs. Just the one! Why? He straightened that out & the tire/wheel was delivered later that afternoon.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I ordered the tires & wheels, I told the guy what I had, what I had done to it & what I wanted. He handled the rest.
Great price. Even better service. Steve, the owner, handled the prob of when the stuff was delivered, there was only 3. Huh?
Stuck in Customs. Just the one! Why? He straightened that out & the tire/wheel was delivered later that afternoon.
Thanks. I will check him out. Was trying to find a decent deal in canada before buying from the states.

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
I am not a fan of lowered trucks, but your truck does look really nice. It's lowered just enough to give it a really nice stance.

Personally I would stick with 17s or 18s max, but that's just from an Aesthetics viewpoint. I have always preferred the meaty looking tire, rather than the tall metal rim look. Plus those tires tend to be a little cheaper, ride better than narrow tires on larger diameter wheels.

I bought my wheels from DiscountTiredirect.com. I'm quite happy with what I paid, and the wheels arrived balance very well. If you're going to buy Wheels, give them and some other online suppliers a look. Especially if you don't mind swapping them out yourself.

I fully intended on pulling on my wheels off and doing the total brake check anyhow, so I just ordered new Wheels and tires and everything, did it all at once without having to leave my own yard.

Thomas Hansen

Reaction score
295/40's on 20x10" wheels + a 2/4 drop. Lots & lotsa room. No rub issues.

You must be registered for see images attach

Same T's & W's on my '98 with a 4/7 drop. The fender lips aren't even rolled!

Duuuude!!! Thank you! What’s your backspacing?

Mines in getting paint

Last edited:

Thomas Hansen

Reaction score

Just realized there was a second page to this tread. The backspacing is the missing link to ordering my wheels and tires. Problem is that the truck is in the shop: I can't just go there, pull a tire and measure to find out what I need to order. With all these trucks on the road, you'd think there would be more people running 10 inch rims

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There is a thread on here somewhere that covers backspacing 'Q's. Title? Aaaahhh... (Caffeine still loading. Please wait...doh de doh dedoh...waiting...waiting...)
I've scanned over it, but never really paid attention to it.
I have 4 sets of different wheels, 3 with tires, & they all fit my trucks.
None of those backspacing/offset measurements were ever a concern.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just realized there was a second page to this tread. The backspacing is the missing link to ordering my wheels and tires. Problem is that the truck is in the shop: I can't just go there, pull a tire and measure to find out what I need to order. With all these trucks on the road, you'd think there would be more people running 10 inch rims
The 5.5" backspace fits on the 20x10 in the rear, ive done quite a bit of digging on this setup, becausei want 338's also. Not sure if it will tuck on a bagged truck, which is why i wanna find out if anyones run the 6.225" backspace 10" on the rear.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive had this pic on my phone forever