How much was my truck lowered?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas Hansen

Reaction score
good evening, new to the site. Bought a truck and have plans for it.

Can you guys tell me how much it’s lowered? Also, I’d like to get some torqthrust wheels for it. Do you know what max size wheel/tire will look good on it? Keep in mind that this truck will be hauling and towing when I’m done with it: I don’t want it to rub in the back

Thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like a 2/4. 17 or 18 would look great and still give you a bit of a sidewall but 20 would be sweet with a touch harsher ride.

Thomas Hansen

Reaction score
It looks like a 2/4. 17 or 18 would look great and still give you a bit of a sidewall but 20 would be sweet with a touch harsher ride.

Think so? I’m thinking 18’s cuz of ride quality and towing. Do you know if I can fit a 18x10 torq thrust 2 in the back with out rubbing? Also, What do you think the widest rim I could up front? 18x7 or 18x8?

Here’s a pic of the crap that’s on it now:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@someotherguy
Hey Richard,
Could you answer the backspace question above? I know an 8" will fit and I want to say it is a 4.5 backspace but I know you have forgotten more than I know on that question.

Thomas Hansen

Reaction score
Dropped the truck off for some body work and paint. I talked to a couple local tire places and one of them had an 18x10 on 5x5. No tire was on it but it looks like it’ll clear no problem. Now to decide on what size tire. I’m thinking 295/45. Do you think that setup will rub?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
295/40's on 20x10" wheels + a 2/4 drop. Lots & lotsa room. No rub issues.

Same T's & W's on my '98 with a 4/7 drop. The fender lips aren't even rolled!

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@sewlow LOVE the 98! What is the wheel and tire combo? Looks like exactly what im looking for.

Last edited: