High mileage motor thicker oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oil flow is more important than oil pressure. Oil flow removes heat.
You sir are correct!!
Oil Flow is the most important but then again pressure is needed to float the bearings. But at least it doesn't need much pressure.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
You sir are correct!!
Oil Flow is the most important but then again pressure is needed to float the bearings. But at least it doesn't need much pressure.

Correction, you need oil to provide a liquid cushion to protect the wear surfaces of the internal engine components. The bearings do not float.:waytogo:

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Correction, you need oil to provide a liquid cushion to protect the wear surfaces of the internal engine components. The bearings do not float.:waytogo:
Doh, you got me. I was in a meeting and was trying to be quick hahaha....
I stand corrected and do mean float the crank. Not the bearings.. :(

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Yeah, like nothing at all? Let Darwin do his damn job.
I like the snow, but not the cold temps. Hard to work on anything outdoors when its 20 degrees out or less, unless you like getting your hands numb, cracked and bleeding, lol.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I like the snow, but not the cold temps. Hard to work on anything outdoors when its 20 degrees out or less, unless you like getting your hands numb, cracked and bleeding, lol.

Oh I don't miss that, but I do intend to live in that land again. With a heated shop. And lots of other stuff to make the outside cold suck less.