Need help with oil filter locations with my motor swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DawsenGriffin

Reaction score
I have a 93 full size 4x4 2 door blazer k1500, I blew the motor in it (vertical oil filter) and I’m swapping one into it rn but it has a horizontal filter, I took the housing off thinking it would still screw in but there is no nipple to screw on, will it clear? Or any advice for fix?

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 93 full size 4x4 2 door blazer k1500, I blew the motor in it (vertical oil filter) and I’m swapping one into it rn but it has a horizontal filter, I took the housing off thinking it would still screw in but there is no nipple to screw on, will it clear? Or any advice for fix?
If the old engine had a verticle filter in it it has the part you need. Its called an "oil filter adapter" and every old chevy with a verticle filter has one.
Somebody deleted the oil cooler on your old engine.
Unless there is some bizzarre chevy engine that Im not aware of it has to have that part in it in order to put a verticle filter on it.
If you dont have the old engine anymore, you can snag that part from the boneyard off of any chevy with a verticle filter.
If you buy the Melling adapter, the hardware is garbage.
And it comes with a gasket.
Do not use that gasket. It blocks off the bypass hole and they never came with a gasket from the factory.
Make sure the mounting surfaces are clean and free from burrs.
The oil filter seal is the gasket.
When I deleted the filter cooler from my 94 k2500 I used the Melling part and upgraded the hardware and used the PH- 454 filter
That was a few years ago and it works great.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM also makes an adapter that you replace the block spin on adapter and mount this 90° adapter with no cooler provision. I don't remember which filter it takes, I'm thinking regular small block PH 25.
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I know of at least 5 different styles/ designs of oil filter adapters. The one above I had forgotten about till looked in my notes. I've seen it for as little as $ 9.00, what a deal.