Hid headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mackbuster

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do hid headlights work in gmt models if so which style.
Thanks for the help

Reaction score
I put a set in my 98 Yukon I got off ebay. Plug in play set up and worked great for awhile. Then one day I had no lights. Decided just to put stock bulbs back in. When I removed the HID components I found that the factory wiring where the HID's hooked up was all melted. I lucked out and none of the wiring had melted to the point of fusing together, shorting out or catching fire. Long story short I had to replace all the damaged wiring. Opted not to put HID's on the dually.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not to mention the bad cut-off line of the light due to the factory housings not being designed for HIDs. Personally I'd keep it factory, too. Just figured I'd share the link for that thread since the OP asked as if he'd already decided what he wanted.

Mackbuster

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard stories about hid smelting wires before. I'll just get some good oem style bulbs to be safe

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't remeber exactly where did i saw the thread where guy took ebay crap quality lens headlights, replaced it with valeo HID and audi lenses. Result was more then great. Check it here or fullsizechevy