92 K2500 Headlight issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, anyone know where the grounds for the headlights and etc are for a 92 K1500? Friends truck starting to have lighting issues.

When headlights are on the blinkers don't come on and neither do the tail lights. With headlights off they work.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looked at the factory service manual. Is that what they mean by on the "sheet metal"?
Yeah most of them just go straight to a body panel somewhere with a bolt or self-tapper. They get corroded pretty easy, I hit them with a little wire wheel on a dremel and that fixes them right up.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I figured it out, the ground for the tail lights on the drivers frame rail was bad.

The bad, his clutch blew while I was driving it down the road. it burned up, and started slipping. he told me it slipped the other day on him.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clutch doesn't blow unless parts came flying out of bell housing. It's like brake lining as wears gets thinner therefore at some point pressure plate can't exert enough force to hold onto clutch plate. It's burned because the pressure plate can no longer hold. Slips, friction causing excess heat. That's something that gives you plenty of warning, " hey it's clutch time ".

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clutch doesn't blow unless parts came flying out of bell housing. It's like brake lining as wears gets thinner therefore at some point pressure plate can't exert enough force to hold onto clutch plate. It's burned because the pressure plate can no longer hold. Slips, friction causing excess heat. That's something that gives you plenty of warning, " hey it's clutch time ".
Yeah I didnt mean blow literally, figuratively as In its worn out.

Started slipping on him about a week or 2 ago. Noticed when i took the truck from him to work on the lights how high the "biting point" was on the pedal, i had the pedal almost all the way up. Then it started free revving and smelling burnt later that day.