Help! My compressors wont shut off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24c3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the title says my compressors wont shut off. They are hooked up to a pressure switch. Is there a way to check the pressure switch? The compressors are making funny noises not the constant buzz they use to do. Could it be becuase they are being overworked. They are the Accuair 380 that feed a 5 gallon tank.

J_94

Reaction score
should be able to ohm the switch. think pressure switches open once designated pressure is reached so it should be a normally closed switch.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have you called Accuair? sound like the pressure switch is bad.. there is a way to check it if you have multimeter..

24c3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i havent called them because i bought them about 2 1/2 years ago... with the ohm meter if normally the switch is closed it should ohm out and if it doesnt its bad?

J_94

Reaction score
Figure it out? Whenever I ohm anything I use the option for the sound. Put your test probes on the switch if you hear a sound that means the circuit (switch) is closed. If you don't hear any thing that means the switch is open

24c3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so i ohmed out the switch and it checked out good. So now what? could the compressor air filters just be dirty and not letting build up enough pressure? I actually have the Viair 444c. I can lift it and layit just fine but those compressors just wont shut off. They are alot louder than before also.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the shut off point in psi on your pressure switch? Is your tank building pressure at all? Is it going over the normal pressure??