Heater Box Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Short of finding another bottom piece (or pulling the dash to fix the main case if that’s what is cracked), maybe some of that black flex-seal tape that they advertise on tv?

It doesn’t have to be watertight or anything, just needs to keep the air in.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Short of finding another bottom piece (or pulling the dash to fix the main case if that’s what is cracked), maybe some of that black flex-seal tape that they advertise on tv?

I agree. Otherwise maybe jb weld and paint it satin black?

X_Krampus_X

Reaction score

It's just the bottom piece that's cracked. I hadn't thought about flex-seal tape. Thanks!

I agree. Otherwise maybe jb weld and paint it satin black?

I was thinking jb weld or some other epoxy. Maybe I'll do both. Thanks!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's just the bottom piece that's cracked. I hadn't thought about flex-seal tape. Thanks!

I was thinking jb weld or some other epoxy. Maybe I'll do both. Thanks!

And if that doesn't work duct or gorilla tape lol

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Mine actually has holes in it. Because I use a lot of epoxy, fiberglass and carbon fiber when building my model airplanes I'm going to use some of those techniques and materials to repair mine. When I get around to it I can document that process for anybody that's interested. It will be a winter project while I'm on winter layoff.

Right now I just have some some clear packing tape on the holes.

Ken