HeadLights & TailLights Suggestions ---- Best Quality & Brightest Full Time ParkLights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are those the lmc housings in the quad setup? Really wish I could find those somewhere else because they are mighty proud of them.
Yup, I bought them in like, 2021? And never installed them; I actually broke one of the lenses when I went to install them last summer, so I had to order a new one.
I like them a lot. I should've bought up a few sets when LMC had them in stock for a reasonable price.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, I bought them in like, 2021? And never installed them; I actually broke one of the lenses when I went to install them last summer, so I had to order a new one.
I like them a lot. I should've bought up a few sets when LMC had them in stock for a reasonable price.
I have a set I might put in the dually, honestly didn't mind them in the 98 with regular sealed beams. I'm really liking the w/t front with the drop though. If I keep that it needs leds I think. Guess it just depends on how it looks with the wheels on it. I did pick up a cheap grill the other day just in case too.

RLC2020

Reaction score
Toss these in your stock housing and you'll have 3x the brightness for under $40. If your stock housings are crazed over badly then swap them as well with some aftermarket OEM style units also available for less than $80 on amazon. Truck will look new and stock with 3x the brightness for $120 all in.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hungrybuffalo

Reaction score
Probably not what you want to hear, but the #1 way to make your lights "brighter" is to turn down your dash lights. You can't see out if you have all that light shining in your eyes.

My wife has trouble seeing her dash, so she turns her dash lights up all the way. I can't stand it, and my lights are turned all the way down.
I agree with this. there's nothing worse than driving around night in the middle of nowhere and coming across a lifted truck with bright ass lights

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree with this. there's nothing worse than driving around night in the middle of nowhere and coming across a lifted truck with bright ass lights
Guilty. Not only did I purchase the glass lights, I got the leds. There awesome on my end but sucks for the other drivers.. I've been thinking of shinning the beams lower to help Not blind anybody...

Attachments

• 20231210_172030~2.jpg
    20231210_172030~2.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 12

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ability to see the gauges easily while driving at night maybe varies by cluster design and year models? I see the cluster just fine while night driving in my 06 CMC and 09 Yukon. I do find it difficult while driving my 91 Chevy. I pulled the cluster and replaced all the 30 yr old bulbs expecting that to improve it. It did not. With the dash brightness turned all the way up, it's still too dim. Seems like I used #194 bulbs. There may be some brighter but the O'R counter guy didn't know of any.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Ability to see the gauges easily while driving at night maybe varies by cluster design and year models? I see the cluster just fine while night driving in my 06 CMC and 09 Yukon. I do find it difficult while driving my 91 Chevy. I pulled the cluster and replaced all the 30 yr old bulbs expecting that to improve it. It did not. With the dash brightness turned all the way up, it's still too dim. Seems like I used #194 bulbs. There may be some brighter but the O'R counter guy didn't know of any.
168 is the brighter version of the 194. It has 3 candlepower so it is half again as bright as the 194, which has 2 candlepower. This also works for the license plate lights, that use these bulbs.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you truthfully want brighter better lights dump the quad headlight look and go to the WT 5x7 single headlight. Use JW Speaker headlights. I did this for a friends 80s trans am and it made a huge difference compared to the sealed beam. It was actually as bright as my wife’s infinity HIDs. Later we did another but we used Trucklites headlights cause it was one he was restoring and flipping. We also made our own harness for the lights but I’m sure someone makes one now.

If you wanna keep the quad look you need heavier duty wiring. The stock wiring just isn’t thick enough to carry enough volts/amperage. It’s barely over 18 ga wire size. Also having good clean solid thick ground connections helps.

2000z71tahoe

Reaction score
Make sure you get bright led headlight bulbs, anything under 22000 lumen are not bright, I put 12000 lumen bulbs in my beater civic and cant see a thing, even driving around with the highbeams on.