Has anyone used a Holley 2 Barrel on TBI adapter plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95 Tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has Anyone ever put a Holley 2 barrel on a TBI adapter plate. I understand most everything involved with getting the transmission to shift and other problems. I know some will say this is a dumb idea but I'm contemplating it. I have been chasing my tail with electrical problems for a while.

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why, would you go so far backwards. That is science experiment on a separate level futility. If you have a problem that concerns your gmt400 series truck , and have road blocks, wouldn't the depth and wealth of knowledge available here be a more productive accomplishment.

95 Tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why, would you go so far backwards. That is science experiment on a separate level futility. If you have a problem that concerns your gmt400 series truck , and have road blocks, wouldn't the depth and wealth of knowledge available here be a more productive accomplishment.
I've been fighting the same issue on the truck for about a year now. It's just a toy vehicle not a daily driver. It has a rough idle that I haven't been able to solve. It had a misfire before I rebuild the motor as well. Since the rebuild it basically has all new sensors and normal tune-up items. After it warms up and sitting in traffic it begins to stumble/miss at idle. I've posted several times before trying to solve it without luck. It has a Melling MTC-1 RV cam which should be computer friendly. The duration and lift is only slightly more than the stock cam. The truck pulls hard and doesn't miss a beat while driving. The truck is not throwing any codes Below are the things I checked and or replaced with the use of a lap top scanner.

Compression 146-156 cold
Timing 0 D with brown and black wire unplugged
IAC
ETC
Distributor, coil, wires and spark plugs
TPS (It was actually bad)
ECM (swapped in a junkyard spare)
EGR and solenoid
Purge solenoid
Fuel pressure (13 PSI)
Checked for vacuum leaks (Carb Cleaner and smoke)
Knock Sensor
Probably several things I forgot.

Now other things that I do know that do not seem right which I have a another thread on.

Timing dropped suddenly while I was watching it with a timing light. Reference pulse to the ECM from the ICM seems to drop in out. I connected my scope to the reference wire and confirmed it does drop out. I pulled the distributor and connected my scope to the pick up coil wires and I see a 8 pulses a rotation so that is working. I verified the ignition feed to the coil is constant. I am out of ideas at this point. It is something weird electrical taking place.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

95 Tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd swap in an old large cap HEI before I'd try swapping in a carburetor.
This was going to be part of the carb swap. Never though about just dropping an HEI in and see how it runs. I know I still need the wires going back to the ECM to trigger the injectors. Not sure if I have those. I need to look.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are going old school HEI/Carb just get an intake manifold from Edelbrock/Weiand/87-88 Monte SS and put a Holley 4 barrel on it.