GVW C1500 and axle weight rating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RShrimp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1990 C1500 Single cab short fleetside bed with a 5.7 and 700R4.
There are no stickers on the door or glove box anymore. Trying to get an idea what the axle weight limits are. As far as I can tell from searching the GVW is 5700lbs and payload is 1700 which would put the curb weight around 4000. The owners manual does not have this info as it varies a little by options and it just refers you to the door sticker. Does anyone have an intact door sticker from a similar truck they could post a pic of please?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A similar pickup is what have. Without knowing what options you have your best bet is going with the lowest basic.
A short bed , half ton is the basic lowest capacity.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
Looks like there is quite of bit of info on the subject in the 1990 brochure from GM.

Pages 2, 14, 15, 16 might be a good place to start.

I do see a listing for F44 suspension on page 16, maybe if you ran you vin through the site below it would show whether you have that option or not.

That free vin decoder above may not have the best descriptions of the codes, might be a good idea to double check the descriptions here.

Best of luck.

The GM brochure link came from here.