1990 C1500 Buying drop spindles and all new front brakes. What should I get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RShrimp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1990 C1500 short fleetside. In the process of lowering but it also needs front brakes. My truck DOES NOT have F44 HD front brakes.
I see two different drop spindles listed. One for my truck and a different one for extended cab.
Is the difference in the spindles just for the HD brakes ?
Since I am buying all new brakes anyway can I buy the extended cab spindles and then use the heavy duty parts for the rest of the front brake setup?
It seems there are alot more choices in brake parts for the extended cabs.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Absolutely - you can get the spindles, rotors, and possibly wheel bearings (can't remember if they're different.) Also consider looking at the rest of the system for upgrading as well. I'll bet @Schurkey can offer some advice here.

Richard

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X2 on doing it this way.
I "messed up". I have a 91 RCSB, I have the smaller brakes, I should have upgraded everything at the same time. Now I'm "doomed" with them unless I buy new drop spindles. And I don't think I'm going to do that anytime soon.

RShrimp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Research says the dust shield is the same. ????? Research also says "Just order parts for an extended cab" as all Ex cabs have the HD front brakes. Everything brake wise is going to be new anyway. Someone who has done this please confirm.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Research says the dust shield is the same. ????? Research also says "Just order parts for an extended cab" as all Ex cabs have the HD front brakes. Everything brake wise is going to be new anyway. Someone who has done this please confirm.
All ext cabs or any truck 92 an newer have the larger brakes. So just order stuff for a 93.