Grey box under dash drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koerbs

Reaction score
The grey box under the dash on the firewall, behind the parking brake, how do I pop it loose? I am installing a clutch pedal in my 400 and I need to move that just a bit out of the way to get the bracket in the holes. I thought I'd ask before I end up breaking the darn thing.

Thanks

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The grey box under the dash on the firewall, behind the parking brake, how do I pop it loose? I am installing a clutch pedal in my 400 and I need to move that just a bit out of the way to get the bracket in the holes. I thought I'd ask before I end up breaking the darn thing.

Thanks
A picture of the item in question would assist us with your query.....

kolgeirr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A picture of the item in question would assist us with your query.....
I think they're talking about that junction box directly back from the parking brake pedal. On the 'burbans the rear AC harness plugs into that thing. No idea how to remove it though - didn't even have to remove the box to take the dash out of mine.

If you're talking about the giant connection block that passes circuits through the firewall into the engine bay, though, you unbolt the engine side of the harness from under the hood and then unclip and pull the cabin side into the cabin.