Grabbing brakes on 97 C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vanishing Point

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And if all the previous information doesn't seem to work in removing your tire rim from brake drum or disc rotor depending on your vehicle application, try spraying lightly your favorite loosing agent (WD 40, PB Blaster, Kroil, etc...) between the back of the rim hub, drum, or rotor, then put all lug nuts back on a little loose after removal when jacking up with floor jack or lift. And then letting vehicle back down and going quickly back in reverse and forward in drive a little when applying the brakes hard in those applications, in order to loosen the rusted rim and hub from its stuck position and see if that works, it did for me. Good Luck, and let us know how it works out for you.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I try and hit them with the wire wheel and anti-Seize once a year. But I’ve had them stuck and sometimes takes some kicks that feel like your gonna knock it off the jack stands.

I want to see if I can find a wire brush for lugs that's drill mounted..... sort of like a battery terminal cleaner. I've seen them before but it was priced for a shop, not for home use.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trying to get it apart today....and the fckin right front wheel is stuck on the hub and rotor!!!!
Any hints on removing it?? Thanks!
Arrange a block of wood between wheel/tyre at the rim and some solid point on the frame, start engine, turn steering wheel in direction that wheel/tyre compresses block of wood and wheel should pop right off the hub.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Arrange a block of wood between wheel/tyre at the rim and some solid point on the frame, start engine, turn steering wheel in direction that wheel/tyre compresses block of wood and wheel should pop right off the hub.
Good idea, I'll have to see if I have a suitable piece of wood and try this. Thanks!