Gmt400 suspension conversion to gmt800 come look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jumpingbison

Reaction score
I am using this as a template for anyone who wants to do a gmt400 suspension conversion to a gmt800. The reason why I am doing so is because I am going from torsion bars to coilovers for comfort and a better ride quality! I also want to make the bolky lower control arm to a more sleek and slender profile to make my build more unique and more me! also because it has not been done to my knowledge because on my research on this is been dead end after dead end so its going to be fun let's see where this goes!

Always remember to keep the rubber side down and the shinny side up

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seems to me I read about this kind of a project in "Street Trucks " mag. Hafta' dig it out maybe.

Tyeee541

Reaction score
atomicfab and I spoke a bit about this recently, and the shock mount would need to be moved and beefed up to be able handle the weight of the truck, but otherwise it would work fairly easily with some welding skills. I plan on doing this with shock hoops as soon as I’m done with my flatbed build, fabbing up my diff drop brackets.