GMT400 Suburban 1500 Fuel Pump Access Hole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
I've seen a LOT of people do this but some online searches don't show measurements where the cut the hole and how big. I did find measurements for a few of the GMT800 Suburbans but none for the GMT400s.

I might just have to guess based on other photos, drill a little hole, and look in it, but I'd rather know going in where everything is so I don't blow up my truck. Except that would solve quite a few of my problems... But seriously, I refuse to pay a local mechanic $150 to drop the tank and install my new fuel pump because I'm pretty sure it'll fail again and I want to be sure I can change it easily at that time.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I could help with the measurements. I did mine the old fashioned way, and it was a bit of a pain in the ass, but not that bad, except for the part where I didn't know how much fuel I had and spilled a whole bunch when i didn't properly support the tank. My truck is on it's third fuel pump in 24 years, they don't go that often. lol