Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An a factoid for all that “GM/Cadillac” made back all there money on these 400’s as far as all the changes that were made to make them differ from Denali’s in the first 6months these were sold!!!

This is just my opinion on this part Crazy I’m sure it wasn’t a crazy amount but still a good decision in the end and I bet someone higher up liked the 400 style more than the 800 and pushed for 400’s to be made because 800’s were already being made an Escalade came out I’m sure in 01 as 02’s so they could have waited but I’m glad they didn’t lol
The Denali and Esky aren't very different from each other, or from the Tahoe/Yukon. GM made their money on the fact that people would pay extra for a vehicle that was marketed as "Premium" and priced accordingly, and these are vehicles for which all the tooling was already in place. Nothing was designed from scratch for any gen of these trucks, materials (type of leather etc.) and visual changes (color combos, location of said leather etc) were all it took. Just add "luxury", no R and D needed. European manufacturers had been doing this since the 70's (Range Rover, upscale G Wagons, etc) and GM took a chance. It was wildly successful and profit margins on them were huge, so they kept at it.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
No but the pieces that are extra or modified/differ from each other is the money difference which shouldn’t have been to crazy of a number but they also didn’t expect to make they’re money back on those differences in 6 months ! Which is the notable part. Most car companies that do a thing like this usually don’t or takes longer than that is what it boils down to on that info as I remember watching/hearing.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No but the pieces that are extra or modified/differ from each other is the money difference which shouldn’t have been to crazy of a number but they also didn’t expect to make they’re money back on those differences in 6 months ! Which is the notable part. Most car companies that do a thing like this usually don’t or takes longer than that is what it boils down to on that info as I remember watching/hearing.
It wasn't the differences between the Esky and Denali, it was the differences between those two and the other Yukons and Tahoes. Yes, the differences cost very little (because they're purely cosmetic), and people paid GM a lot for those differences. 6 months sounds right. Like I said, wildly successful....

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
People under the stairs - never rap about a Escalade if you ain’t rollin! Just a banger jam for setting up the vibe for this day if Friday!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Here’s couple pics I took once again after a cleaning up (spray waxed) shine up refreshing after she started showing a good dusting after this past weekend! Lol once that sun hit them blades BAM that chrome was blintzen!!! Shining a ***** blind!!! Hahaha

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Oh yeah these towels are IT!!! To use as a buffing towel after you’ve sprayed an wiped off wax!!! They make your paint super slick bad part is that they do such a awesome job on shining up my chrome that I gotta buy a second set of towels for doing just Buffing of wax since I’ve used them on the wheels too often now!! Lol

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Here’s wife’s caddy after I cleaned it up in&out lol but I only took outside pics lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Damn hot wheels blowing up my likes box!!!! Lol thank you as always!!!!!
Just went through your thread,to see the brochure and what else you had done. I can relate on the ordeals of finding a good and reputable shop, to work on our metal kids. We've been through several,in the last couple of decades. My dad used to do everything on our cars and trucks,but as he got older and more stove up, that duty fell more to me.
Now the biggest problem is finding time for doing the things that I need/want to do on the Burb, working around 3 people's jobs and of course lately the heat! In Houston, Texas,today we hit 104° with a feels like of 113°. And so humid, I sweat just opening the door of our trailer....so not conducive to mechanic and detail work!
I do definitely want to go back and scope out the white one some more. Under the hood,look closely at the interior and chassis,be sure all the fancy stuff works (and of course the AC!) High miles is a question,but if everything is in good working order.... it's a 350 after all! In a 400!
Did you ever get your CD changer sorted out? I still have the one I got earlier this year. Actually I have 2 cause the console I got last trip to the yard has it too. No progress on getting any of that stuff cleaned or seeing how it'll work with the Burb. The head unit in my Burb looks just like the Bose I took outta the Esky, except for the BOSE logo. Couple of the buttons are damaged,and the knobs weren't all there. These radios are terrible about the knobs coming off though,and so tiny they're hard to find when they do!