Calling all Escalade/Denali experts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Here’s couple pictures of my center console one with it open it’s a hot mess inside lol!! The top perforated part is the top of the small storage that pops open with the button on the back of it. Then you see the push button next to the lock (I’ve never had the key) that opens the bottom up. It has storage for 5-6 cds and a good amount for other things. I have quite a bit in mine including a second 6 disc cartridge to swap between rap and rock discs. And don’t forget the rear side has extras also!
You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Wish I had known the consoles were a hot commodity, I had two Escalades and a Denali at my local yard at the same time for nearly a full month. Grabbed the clusters and a couple odds and ends from them but not the consoles.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yeah custom std cab “shop/show” trucks like them a lot plus anyone wanting to add a center console plus the added bonus of a sub and 2 extra cup holders and a lower items spot to set a phone or sunglasses on and it’s all in one!
A yeah there a bit of work to get out but yes they are one of the bigger parts out of Denali/escalades that 400 owners like to swap in. As they fit right in vs custom ones or newer model ones

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Interesting stuff…

I know the Bose radio is not a direct swap to the standard system because of the Bose amplifier, but I’ve decided to add an old school amplifier anyway. Can an aftermarket amp be added to the Bose radio? Are the line levels correct???

Maybe I should just buy an Escalade or Denali lol.
Yeah there’s one up here in Michigan with ONLY 95k on it!!! It’s a bordeaux red metallic one looks really nice!! It was one I was definitely going to go look at if my Escalade was to be totaled out!! They want $9500 which is a good price it’s on fb marketplace here’s a pic! An here’s a couple extra ones I saved to look at at as backups

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I have a couple more if truly interested as I know you were “gest’ ing” lol jokingly suggesting
There was one on the Eastside that I looked at and posted pics of a couple years ago. It was white and had 198K on it, but was very clean interior and body. Never got to look under the hood though. The lot wanted $8000 for it then, I wonder if they still have it....
At that mileage it's due for intake gaskets and transmission work.....

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tragic news….

The CD changer will not fit in my console. It’s about 3/8” too tall. I wonder if I could notch out the liner and have the changer recessed some, but at that point is it even worth the trouble.

Did every 95-00 OBS have the storage compartment attached to the console lid underneath? If I didn’t have that, it would clear. That storage slot is what contacts the CD changer when I try to close it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Tragic news….

The CD changer will not fit in my console. It’s about 3/8” too tall. I wonder if I could notch out the liner and have the changer recessed some, but at that point is it even worth the trouble.

Did every 95-00 OBS have the storage compartment attached to the console lid underneath? If I didn’t have that, it would clear. That storage slot is what contacts the CD changer when I try to close it.
As far as I know, all the standard Chevy/GMC "torpedo" consoles have that style lid. I think the idea at the time was to have a place to put maps or papers in there. The Escalade/Denali console storage compartment has a totally different shape. I have one at the shop building that's incomplete, never have found the few pieces it's missing and I had to hack the wiring harness to get it out of the truck. I can get some pictures when I get back home (working vacation in Austin at a car show).

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Tragic news….

So my fingers are going to hurt a little after all this typing lol. So do not cut your center console I’ve see a handful of Escalade ones on ebay. some are partials while others are complete units. The problem your going to have is stabilizing the changer as my Escalade has a metal bracket that holds it in place and it’s wedged in an has foam cushion to help with vibration. It’s super strong to try and bend as I tried pulling a changer out of the one I got a few parts off of awhile back. And there’s several screws in several places that are hard to get at!! I would recommend you checking eBay for one or searching local yards in your area but the center consoles in Denali/escalades are more complex than you’d expect! Sucks that it’s just shy of fitting but if you swap it out for the other one you’ll realize why you didn’t do it sooner as you gain another storage space and cup holders several extras that will make a difference in day to day use!

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my fingers are going to hurt a little after all this typing lol. So do not cut your center console I’ve see a handful of Escalade ones on ebay. some are partials while others are complete units. The problem your going to have is stabilizing the changer as my Escalade has a metal bracket that holds it in place and it’s wedged in an has foam cushion to help with vibration. It’s super strong to try and bend as I tried pulling a changer out of the one I got a few parts off of awhile back. And there’s several screws in several places that are hard to get at!! I would recommend you checking eBay for one or searching local yards in your area but the center consoles in Denali/escalades are more complex than you’d expect! Sucks that it’s just shy of fitting but if you swap it out for the other one you’ll realize why you didn’t do it sooner as you gain another storage space and cup holders several extras that will make a difference in day to day use!
Yeah I love the Escalade console and was close to swapping one in years ago, but I really want to keep the original console even though it’s a terrible design. One of the worst console designs I’ve ever seen…

Thinking about mounting the CD changer under the seat, then again I may just scrap the whole idea. I picked up some NOS Alpine V12 amps that I’ll be adding soon, I’ll make my CD changer decision then.