GMT400 2WD Lift Guide.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatthewRB1616

Reaction score
You probably can, just your angles will be crap i think. I know someone on a FB page did it but cant think of his name. I would suggest buying the coils from the 2" rough country lift kit instead of the coil spacers. Then I would go tubular uppers because that is a lot of suspension for the stocks to hold with BJ spacers.
Where can I get tubular uppers for a 2wd that’s lifted? And I didn’t think the springs were 2inches taller, is that where they get the extra 2 inches is in the spring?

Allan Elling

Reaction score
yeah... you can see them in the pics. Didnt have alignment problems at all!

Oh and for the folks talking about rims.. well, if you look for aftermarket 5 lug Jeep wheels on CL, they are the same bolt pattern and have little more offset to make up for everything. You can usually find some with 33 or 35s already too.... I found my ION rims brand new in the boxes on CL (all 5 for 150) from someone who sold their jeep... new tires and boom! All set for cheap.
I have a 98 silverado and put 2014 18 inch jeep rims...needed 1 inch wheel spacer. Looks great though....looking to level now...considering the spring spacer...any issues with 2 inch spacer..2wd

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 98 silverado and put 2014 18 inch jeep rims...needed 1 inch wheel spacer. Looks great though....looking to level now...considering the spring spacer...any issues with 2 inch spacer..2wd

I had ball joint spacers... not spring spacers. My lift springs were part of the FabCRAP kit. The ball joint spacers are meant to decrease some of the angle placed on the upper control arm when you run taller spindles and lift springs.

JAngeli

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had ball joint spacers... not spring spacers. My lift springs were part of the FabCRAP kit. The ball joint spacers are meant to decrease some of the angle placed on the upper control arm when you run taller spindles and lift springs.
what size were the spacers?

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what size were the spacers?

I wanna say they were 1/2 inch. I ran two for a total of an inch. I also had FabCRAP upper control arms which were designed to take some of the angles out too but.... I needed the spacers so my alignment guy could get it within specs.

JAngeli

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna say they were 1/2 inch. I ran two for a total of an inch. I also had FabCRAP upper control arms which were designed to take some of the angles out too but.... I needed the spacers so my alignment guy could get it within specs.
i've got the lift UCA's and 3" lift springs from Airbagit and Fabtech spindles that aren't installed yet (been delayed for years damn it). So it's pretty wonky now