GMT400 2WD Lift Guide.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatthewRB1616

Reaction score
I currently am running the RC 4inch spindle lift, Can I put a 2 inch spacer for the spring or get 2 inch longer custom coil springs to add more lift with a BJ spacer?

Truck: 1997 Chevy 1500 5.7L
33X12.5R20
Rc 4 inch lift

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I currently am running the RC 4inch spindle lift, Can I put a 2 inch spacer for the spring or get 2 inch longer custom coil springs to add more lift with a BJ spacer?

Truck: 1997 Chevy 1500 5.7L
33X12.5R20
Rc 4 inch lift

You probably can, just your angles will be crap i think. I know someone on a FB page did it but cant think of his name. I would suggest buying the coils from the 2" rough country lift kit instead of the coil spacers. Then I would go tubular uppers because that is a lot of suspension for the stocks to hold with BJ spacers.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I realized o haven’t posted in here since I completed my front end. But I found (or just my luck) the BJ spacers caused major issues to my truck. I had a upper control arm bend in half on me. Not sure why it just started sagging and throughout a highway drive and never hit anything. So just want to make you guys aware what happened to me!

Now I got some custom chromoly tubular uppers made for a 4” spindle lift from Chassis Tech or known as Air Bag It. They correct your angles so a BJ spacer is not needed. This is what I had to end up doing. So far all is good and drives awesome. My alignment is perfect and hasn’t been this perfect since it was stock ride height lol.

Before with stock arms that bent with BJ spacer:
You must be registered for see images attach

After no BJ spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAngeli

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I realized o haven’t posted in here since I completed my front end. But I found (or just my luck) the BJ spacers caused major issues to my truck. I had a upper control arm bend in half on me. Not sure why it just started sagging and throughout a highway drive and never hit anything. So just want to make you guys aware what happened to me!

Now I got some custom chromoly tubular uppers made for a 4” spindle lift from Chassis Tech or known as Air Bag It. They correct your angles so a BJ spacer is not needed. This is what I had to end up doing. So far all is good and drives awesome. My alignment is perfect and hasn’t been this perfect since it was stock ride height lol.

After no BJ spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
where did you get the flex brake hose?

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where did you get the flex brake hose?

I got it from my local hydraulic line/hose shop. They make custom braided brake line in what ever you need with hem fittings. Both lines ran me only $24 bucks with copper washer. Check with your local shop or wherever they make new hydraulic lines.

Reaction score

After no BJ spacer.

I just ordered tubular control arms for a 1-3” lift from Chassis Tech. I have a 1995 c1500 with a 2” coil lift and its stretched to ~2.5”. I did the 1” bj spacers and my alignment is still outta whack. Think the tubular control arms will fix it?
Thanks.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just ordered tubular control arms for a 1-3” lift from Chassis Tech. I have a 1995 c1500 with a 2” coil lift and its stretched to ~2.5”. I did the 1” bj spacers and my alignment is still outta whack. Think the tubular control arms will fix it?
Thanks.

It may help more than the ball joint spacers and be stronger as well. But It may be the coil spacers causing the issue since the suspension geometry is stretched now and may need longer uppers to compensate or adjustable uppers which chassis tech sells. I almost went for these but I figured I didn't need the extra adjustment since Ill never go higher with my truck.

I remember a guy on Instagram who had a truck that used similar uppers like show below but were old school fabtech or something and he was running 4" lift spindles with 2" coil spacers and no alignment issues> And I believe its becasue he ran uppers similar to these show below.

Reaction score
It may help more than the ball joint spacers and be stronger as well. But It may be the coil spacers causing the issue since the suspension geometry is stretched now and may need longer uppers to compensate or adjustable uppers which chassis tech sells. I almost went for these but I figured I didn't need the extra adjustment since Ill never go higher with my truck.

I remember a guy on Instagram who had a truck that used similar uppers like show below but were old school fabtech or something and he was running 4" lift spindles with 2" coil spacers and no alignment issues> And I believe its becasue he ran uppers similar to these show below.

Are the ones you’re running currently not longer than stock?

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have my camber bolts maxed to get it this far. Even got new bolts with more adjustment installed. 2” coil spacer. I guess ball joint spacers would get me to where it can be aligned? C2500 8lug.