GMC Body molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Europaman

Reaction score
I'm considering buying some used GMC 1500 badges for the doors and refurbishing them. Are the GMC letters just red paint or are the red plastic letter inserts?

Europaman

Reaction score
So I bought some new "GMC 1500" badges to go on the new body molding, non OEM that comes on a roll. What's the best way to carve out a place on the molding and cut the holes, which appear to need to be elongated it appears? And is the small little patches of adhesive spots on the back sufficient to hold them on?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry I never got back to you, realized you're looking for GMC, mine are bow ties. As far as carving out an area, I'd probably use a router, making a jig out of 1×2 wood to get the depth right and straight

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Europaman

Reaction score
Sorry I never got back to you, realized you're looking for GMC, mine are bow ties. As far as carving out an area, I'd probably use a router, making a jig out of 1×2 wood to get the depth right and straight

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
No Problem...
Sound reasoning on router. Don't have one but I'll look around. Used one at work a few years ago.