Gmc 6.5 1994 stanadyne Injection Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need a new injection pump, my truck had been seat for 7 years and my IP is totaled☠️ Can someone give me where I can get a new one?

Mine is from a 94" gmc 6.5 Diesel, its the model with PMD! what about swaping for the mechanical Injection pump from older models, anyone with experience in this swaping?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This place check out there utube builds. " Area Diesel Service "

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never replaced the electronic pump with a new one. Always swap to mechanical pump. It is fairly easy to do, but requires some fabrication skills. While not really the cheapest option, it does rid you of all the electronic pump issues.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Full disclosure: I'm not a 6.5td guy and I have owned one and got rid of it, not a fan at all.

However I do pay some limited attention to the goings-on with guys that do mess with them. For many years we've all been hearing that the "fix" for the electronic injection pump setup is to go to the 1992-1993 style mechanical injection. I'd even collected all the parts to convert mine but sold the truck before committing to the work (was on a 6 night work schedule, practically no free time.)

SINCE then.. following mostly in the GMT455 (3500HD) group on FB, I've recently seen mentions that going to the mechanical pump has its issues, too. Guys talking about major failures after going that route. I don't understand the specifics of it and haven't experienced it myself so I'd strongly recommend more research before making a move.

Richard

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most problems I have really read about one the 94+ is PMD related. If you get it out of the engine compartment and give it a consistent air temp the transistors live a better life. They do have optical sensor and crank sensor issues but like a gas engine they have cam/crank sensor issues to.

jhornsby3

Reaction score
A DS4 pump can be had from many of places. One of the best is Kennedy Diesel. There is also Heath Diesel or Lincoln Diesel. All are long time shops/dealers of 6.5L parts. You might also be able to send yours in to one of them and have it rebuilt. Personally I would stay away from the DS2 pump conversion. Too many things that needs to be delt with. The 94 being the first year of the "Fly By Wire" computer system. To convert and make everything live happy is a job not worth the hassles.

https://www.dieselsite.com/5521injectionpump.aspx

Any questions, just ask. I also have the US military 6.5l repair manual that goes over the complete tear down and rebuild.