Full Replacement Rear Bumper Pics Please Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I would love it if someone on here could get me a picture of the mounts they have on their Ranchhand rear bumper or other full replacement bumper. I tow with mine and the mounts I currently have are really weak and have started bending when I put heavy weight on it. Even if you don't tow with it if you could just get me a picture of the mounts it would be greatly appreciated! Rep for those who can help me out!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Ok so 1/2 inch thick and they just go straight back and mount into the stock bumper holes? Have you ever put any weight on it?

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Thats right, and no, no weight other than me standing on it. I will never tow with it. But it is stout as hell.

Yeah I hate towing with mine but other than buying an expensive hitch receiver that will work I have no choice but to just try to make it as strong as possible. I might even try to go with a 3/4 in thick metal. I know my mounting brackets are not the original ones because it was welded to the previous truck and I had my friend make me new mounts and he just used what he had sitting around. Hopefully with a nice thick solid mounting bracket it will work to my liking

95whitechevy

Reaction score
I've got a ranch-hand bumper setup that came on my 94 3500. Was equipped with bumper and utility bed when I got it and belonged to the railroad at one point so I can imagine it did its share of work. I'll take a couple photos of it if you'd like. I use my truck to tow all the time and haven't had any problems.

95whitechevy

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hope this helps you out.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
if you tow that much, i would be looking for a used hitch!

I know but my friend is welding me up some stronger mounts as soon as school ends! It hangs down low and I can't seem to find one that would work for the setup I have. That and I always seem to be spending money on other things hahaha

Hope this helps you out.

Those actually do! Thanks man I appreciate it!

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
doesn't matter if you make them 2 inch thick, bolts and frame are the weak point. you need to just buy a proper hitch that distributes the load on the frame. look how the bumper bolts on vs. the hitch. doesn't matter how stout the bumper is, I wouldn't tow the same weight on it that I would with a hd hitch. the flat stock bumper brackets should have gussets and a brace 90* lengthwise to prevent bending side shift on impact or load, I added this support to my ranch hand mounts and may tie it into the hitch cross beam as well.