Full Replacement Rear Bumper Pics Please Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
So what is it about a regular hitch that will not work that you have to try to reinvent the wheel per say...lol Hitches are not that expensive and if you frequent the junk yards there are sooo many 400's that come in still wearing there hitches... That is where I got mine for a whopping $15.00.... And I have towed my built jeep on a heavy trailer many a places and have had no issue with it.

I have a custom rear bumper. It's not a Ranchand and it hangs down too low for the regular hitch to work. I still have my stock hitch it just doesn't work with my bumper. The bumper I have was welded to the truck I got it off so I had to fab up new mounts and the ones we made bolted into where the stock bumper would and it turned out that they are not strong enough for how much I tow and pull people out.

Steve83

Reaction score
For the same reasons that people weren't satisfied with Karl Benz's first attempt at a "car", and had to reinvent it for the past century, each part is subject the same thing. Just because something works, that doesn't mean it works the BEST for everyone. Common bolt-on hitches are designed to hang below the bumper. And anything hanging below the bumper is a problem for people that go off-road. Sometimes, even the bumper is a problem. Check out this, & the NEXT one:

You must be registered for see images attach