Fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the old one out no issues. Everything came apart nice. I got the truck for 250$, so it doesn't work im not worried haha thank you for all the info ill look into the wiring as well

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I ended up with a carter sending unit and a ACD EP-381 pump, my sending unit was roached so I replaced it. It runs pretty well I have an adjustable Holley fuel pressure regulator mounted on my firewall that I have taking the pressure from 60psi to 18psi. The internal one in my TBI unit has been doing the rest of the work dropping the pressure to 12-14psi.

Dylan88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it and it runs

Is it possible to change the rear brake cylinder without taking it all apart? Like if you just loosen the adjuster all way out,?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very much like trying to do a rear main seal with the engine in the vehicle--yeah, you can, but it's more work than just taking it all apart so you have clear access to everything.

Might as well just pull the shoes off intentionally than trying to work around them.

Dylan88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh just seen a video looked easy. But ill see what it looks like

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try it with the shoes in place. You can always pull 'em off if they get in the way.

Two return springs and the self-adjuster rod, the retainers on two brake nails, and a clip for the park brake lever, and the whole works pulls off.

Dylan88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool I'll try thank you whats the stock size exhaust on these trucks?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the donuts between the manifolds and the Y-pipe are 2 1/2". Beyond that, I'm not sure--the OEM exhaust on my '88 K1500 rusted out and was scrapped two decades ago. It's now 3" from the catalyst to the tailpipe.

Photo 1. Exhaust donuts for my Edelbrock shorty headers, same size as stock manifolds.
http://hbassociates.us/K1500_Exhaust_Donut_01.jpg

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the donuts between the manifolds and the Y-pipe are 2 1/2". Beyond that, I'm not sure--the OEM exhaust on my '88 K1500 rusted out and was scrapped two decades ago. It's now 3" from the catalyst to the tailpipe.
My 88 was a little different, it had a ball joint with no gaskets. My headers are the same. The Y pipe is 2-1/4" to 3".

Dylan88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It runs but cold idle is bad it goes up and down almost stalls. When warm seems good. Any idea? Map or iac?