Fuel pump question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the optional 42 gallon tank in my 1994 k1500 suburban. The sending unit went out and I intend to just replace the whole assembly, fuel pump and all. I can only seem to find one pump for this year and model. Does the larger tank use the same pump and sending unit as the smaller tanks?

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also looked at this listing on EBay with the GM P/N and it looks like the part is the same based on the number RockAuto gives.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-25178863-Fuel-Tank-Sending-Unit-/321898799402

Thanks, Rock Auto is where I checked too and saw there was no option for the tank size. Your Rock Auto search was for the k2500 instead of the k1500, was that intentional? Just wondering if the 2500's all have the big tank or something.

I'll probably just order the one from Rock Auto and hope for the best. This isn't my daily driver so if I cut the straps and find it's the wrong pump it can wait until I find the right one.

I appreciate your input.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I replaced the tank on my 95 it seemed all the burbs had the same tank. Till 97 had the same sending unit, then the fittings changed. I got a delphi unit with pump on closeout from Rockauto for about $100. Was for a 96. 94&95 454s get a special pump due to the 30psi tbi system. The pump I have is the same one all vortec motors use bb and sb use Incase I do any changes the system will handle it.