Fuel lines under truck, one not connected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supermailman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was crawling around underneath my truck and noticed this line wasn't connected to anything. It is just past the outlet side of the fuel filter adjacent to the transmission shift linkage. Is this just a vent or should something be connected to it?

Thanks in advance. '90 1500, 350.

You must be registered for see images attach

RokRoland

Reaction score
While I cannot say for sure what this line actually is, in my truck I found a number of lines that were disconnected. However with further investigation I noticed they are the old brake lines that have been left in place by the mechanic who has replaced the lines with new ones.

So old lines were just left there to rot. I suppose it makes sense to leave them in and not spend a lot of time with corroded clips and such, unless one is really **** about having everything stock, or OCD about power to weight ratio (in which case it's probably easier to shed the weight off the driver).

supermailman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know it didn't even dawn on me that it could have been a brake line. The truck already feels like it has no brakes. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the previous owner plugged the ports on the MC for the rear due to a leak or something in the line instead of fixing it.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like a brake line to me, it was definitely cut with a tool, not snapped or corroded. If the truck runs and stops, I personally wouldn't worry about it. You can always trace it, the lines on these aren't that hard to follow, I've had to replace two brake lines in as many weeks and didn't have any real issues.