7.4L Vortec fuel pressure regulator relocation 1997 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckracer

Reaction score
After owning this truck for 7 years and replacing 4 FPR's I really got tired of working on it. The last AC Delco only lasted a few weeks. So I came up with a solution I've never seen anyone else try.
Corvette Filter/regulator mounted in the factory fuel filter location.
58psig continuous. Yes I know the factory FPR reduces pressure under high vacuum like idling but I've noticed no ill effects from constant pressure and this thing runs like it should.
I left the FPR in place and changed no plumbing under the hood.
The return is plugged down by the original filter (where the line coupler is). basic parts list in the photos. I already had some -6 line to use. The filter I used has -6 an fittings on it, summit sells one as does Holley. Another alternative is -6 to quick connects for a standard corvette filter/regulator, either way works and the quick connect way allows the use of any brand fliter.
You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're saying that there's a fuel pressure regulator INSIDE the fuel filter? Part number?

The plumbing that would allow the stock pressure regulator to reduce pressure has been plugged? Got a clear, in-focus, nicely-cropped photo of that?

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Truckracer

Reaction score
You're saying that there's a fuel pressure regulator INSIDE the fuel filter? Part number?

The plumbing that would allow the stock pressure regulator to reduce pressure has been plugged? Got a clear, in-focus, nicely-cropped photo of that?
Just look up a 1999 corvette Fuel filter / regulator. And yes I crimped off the return.

ACDelco Gold GF822 Fuel Filter - but you need adapters.​

Last edited:

Truckracer

Reaction score
I was contemplating this also. My bro is an LS guy and told me about it when I was beefing about the stock fpr location

Amazon has a bunch... down to $30 or so

Looks like he just pinched the line on the stock return
Yes

Truckracer

Reaction score
And for the record -Short term fuel trims are running 0 to 1.7. Long term trims are 3.5 to 4.7…