Fuel Pressure Regulator Bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to bypass my fuel pressure regulator on my MPFI assembly. Reason being is the fuel pressure use to be 58 psi at idle and raise from their accordingly for throttle input and boost. In the past that was around 58 psi to 65 psi. Now the regulator is maintaining a constant 63 psi under vacuum and boost (5 psi). My intention is to mount an external aeromotive 2000 fuel pressure regulator 1:1 ratio and convert the internal fuel pressure regulator on the mpfi assembly to a flow through assembly providing no fuel pressure regulating ability. I'm sure it's as simple as a disassembly and spring removal but it's wanting me to ask before I take it apart. Any input?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to bypass my fuel pressure regulator on my MPFI assembly. Reason being is the fuel pressure use to be 58 psi at idle and raise from their accordingly for throttle input and boost. In the past that was around 58 psi to 65 psi. Now the regulator is maintaining a constant 63 psi under vacuum and boost (5 psi). My intention is to mount an external aeromotive 2000 fuel pressure regulator 1:1 ratio and convert the internal fuel pressure regulator on the mpfi assembly to a flow through assembly providing no fuel pressure regulating ability. I'm sure it's as simple as a disassembly and spring removal but it's wanting me to ask before I take it apart. Any input?

I have not seen a non referenced regulator on these spiders. The easiest way to accomplish what you are trying to do is block off the return line from the spider and feed the spider from the regulator. Then hook up the regulators bypass port to the return line. Leave the original regulator to act as a fuel pressure pulsator to help dampen pressure spikes from the opening and closing of the injectors. My marine fuel rail had a block off cap on the return line because it used a returnless fuel pump module.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the L31? I removed the regulator on my L29 and went to an external adjustable. The ICT Billet 5.3l regulator blockoff plate was a perfect fit. Not sure how the 5.7l spider stuff looks.