Fuel Pressure on Vortec Motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of pumps were you running? I only recently found out mine had a bypass in place of the drop-in fuel pump, unsurprisingly though as there were two high pressure 45psi inline-pumps. As of rn, I’ll be using the in-tank pickup-pump as well as one of the higher pressure Bosch units, seems more sensible than two inline in the frame rail.
My setup is a gen v with an aftermarket mpfi intake using the 36lb/hr injectors, the intake has rec intake ports so I imagine they didn’t have tbi in mind and it has a RV cam, flat-tops and lightly ported (tear-drop) peanut ports.
I have yet to tune it though so I’m uncertain how justified larger injectors are in naturally aspirated application.
Stock replacement Delphi pump with a Racetronix Hotwire kit. At the time I was running the OE Vortec upgrade spider that was limited in flow.

twebuh

Reaction score
What kind of pumps were you running? I only recently found out mine had a bypass in place of the drop-in fuel pump, unsurprisingly though as there were two high pressure 45psi inline-pumps. As of rn, I’ll be using the in-tank pickup-pump as well as one of the higher pressure Bosch units, seems more sensible than two inline in the frame rail.
My setup is a gen v with an aftermarket mpfi intake using the 36lb/hr injectors, the intake has rec intake ports so I imagine they didn’t have tbi in mind and it has a RV cam, flat-tops and lightly ported (tear-drop) peanut ports.
I have yet to tune it though so I’m uncertain how justified larger injectors are in naturally aspirated application.
hm. I just have a stock pump right now. I was thinking about getting a high flow pump but i wasnt sure. Bigger injectors didnt seem realistic for me right now but a pump might be better. It just seems like I need more fuel movement.