Front end higher than back after new coils?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed new coil springs cargo max xhd
And the front end is sitting higher is this normal I put heavy duty 6 leafs in the rear I’m thinking about putting a 8leaf to level it out
No need to add 8 leaf setup. That would be a lot more expensive then just adding blocks between the leaf pack and axle.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So we understand, you did not read the instructions or thought it won't happen to you or ?
These truck come from factory with a rake in the front… I was hoping the extra heavy duty coils would level it but it’s a hair to high and I prefer to have it level so I’ll have to look into some blocks for the rear

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
if they dont turn then the headlights are garbage. if they are composite lense then they are probably yellow anyways. I have adjusted one that wouldnt move with a pocket full of washers. properly aimed headlights are extremely important.

I started with refinishing the lenses, then the 4 high mod, then in the fog I saw how screwed the one lense was and discover it was screwed but aimed with washers, then the low beam mod, then I finally got spyder glass lenses. which are kinda built cheap but are otherwise kick ass. sure they have flaws but they are easily overcome and they are glass.

hell I even use regular cheap halogen bulbs and they are bright as hell. but they are aimed perfectly and dont blind oncoming traffic.

this procedure is from the Haynes manual.

Al
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Status
Not open for further replies.