Front end higher than back after new coils?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed new coil springs cargo max xhd
And the front end is sitting higher is this normal I put heavy duty 6 leafs in the rear I’m thinking about putting a 8leaf to level it out

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, not normal for the front to be higher than the rear on a C-series truck. Is it a C1500 or C2500/3500?

You sure your new coil springs were not for "leveling" the truck? It doesn't sound like you took any measurements, but how much higher is it sitting now? What are your rear leaf packs? 4 leaf or 5 leaf?

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, not normal for the front to be higher than the rear on a C-series truck. Is it a C1500 or C2500/3500?

You sure your new coil springs were not for "leveling" the truck? It doesn't sound like you took any measurements, but how much higher is it sitting now? What are your rear leaf packs? 4 leaf or 5 leaf?
It’s 1in or 2 higher with the cargo max coils I have heavy duty 6 leaf in the rear brand new bilstein shocks

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER
Before the slagging starts this may not apply at all.
Just my experiance with coil springs.
Mainly on cars.
Before you install them, check the overall height of the spring and the diameter of the spring wire.
They need to be installed in the proper orientation.
There is a top to bottom difference.
Dont put then in upside down.
Make sure you have them properly seated in the pocket.
The springs might not be the same though they look the same.
This is especially true with big block applications but sometimes true with smallblocks.
A swapped "torque side" spring will screw up the ride height.

If these are chinese aftermarket.
Dont believe the part numbers.
And always install springs and drop it on the ground drive it around and check it again.
You may have a spring orientation problem or maybe bound up bushings but I kinda doubt that.
I think its either just cheap chinese one size fits all springs or an orientation issue.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rubber control arm bushings, or Polyurethane (or something else)?

Rubber bushings MUST have their bolts torqued AFTER the suspension is at normal ride-height. Failure to this generally results in a vehicle that sits too high, and then drops the excess height days or weeks later.

What's happening when the vehicle drops is not that the springs have softened, it's that the rubber bushings which should be bonded to the inner sleeve and the outer shell, rip away the bonding. In other words, the control arm bushings are now destroyed.

Polyurethane bushings aren't bonded, the bolts can be torqued with the suspension in any position.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rubber control arm bushings, or Polyurethane (or something else)?

Rubber bushings MUST have their bolts torqued AFTER the suspension is at normal ride-height. Failure to this generally results in a vehicle that sits too high, and then drops the excess height days or weeks later.

What's happening when the vehicle drops is not that the springs have softened, it's that the rubber bushings which should be bonded to the inner sleeve and the outer shell, rip away the bonding. In other words, the control arm bushings are now destroyed.

Polyurethane bushings aren't bonded, the bolts can be torqued with the suspension in any position.
Polyurthane bushing… with extra heavy duty springs it says that it will add a 1-2in lift in the front

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Polyurthane bushing… with extra heavy duty springs it says that it will add a 1-2in lift in the front
So the springs you put in state that they will add 1-2 inches of height and your wondering why it sits higher? Or am i missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJost